Tuesday, April 5, 2016

The Record Company and Buffalo Gospel- Turner Hall Ballroom 3/39/16

Last Wednesday, 88.9 Radio Milwaukee provided an amazing concert experience highlighting the homecoming of a true Milwaukee musician accompanied by a true Milwaukee band.  As such, I would have gladly come out on any day of the week to see either band.  Milwaukee fans came out in droves, selling out the Turner Hall Ballroom and giving fans in attendance a true musical treat.

photo by Stephen Bloch
Buffalo Gospel began the evening as the opening act for The Record Company.  At first glance this may seem to be an odd pairing, Americana meets rock.  However, I found there could not have been a better ensemble.  I have now seen Buffalo Gospel a total of three times.  Each time they add more to their sound and it's great to see their evolution as a band.  This show highlighted further evolution of the band with more rock undertones as well as the addition of Chris Porterfield to the band.  This show's rendition "The Western (The Devil Is Me)" and "If I was the Last Man" left me with shivers.  I am always quick to recommend Buffalo Gospel to those interested in Americana music and after this show, I place them on a must listen list.  Buffalo Gospel more than delivered on the big stage.

photo by Stephen Bloch
Now for the main event, The Record Company.  For those of you who don't know, this was a homecoming for the The Record Company's lead singer, Chris Vos.  Chris Vos's humility and recognition of friends and family in attendance made me feel like I was part of something special...and I certainly was.


"We are the Record Company, and we play rock and roll."  Vos delivered on his promise with an electric performance.  He and the whole of the three piece band delivered an energy that made it hard to stand still...and I am not much for dancing.  "Off the Ground" brought the house down with its epic baseline and Vos letting it all go.  The Record Company delivered a contagiously electric show throughout, making it hard for me to sleep that evening.  This live show is one of the top five I have seen.  For those of who were not fortunate enough to catch The Record Company this time around, make sure place them as number one priority on your Summerfest list. 

-Jeremiah Weber, guest blogger for MKE Rocks

No comments:

Post a Comment